CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Frustration Leads To Success..

Some people might say that determination leads to our success. Yes, I totally agree with it. Through my experiences learning this course, I would say that frustration leads me to success.

I had experienced and faced a lot of obstacles and failures when learning this course. The main reason was I am not a computer literate. This was the first time for me having a serious learning about ICT. Learning all the technology terms, applications as well as exploring softwares through the net had enough made my heart beat very fast, had a sleepless night thinking about the projects and so on. When my lectures gave me a task, and I failed to do the based on my target, I felt very frustrated and that time I started to cry. Only by crying could rejuvenate me. Sometimes, I text (sms) my mum, sharing all of my failures. One day, she text me back “Can you recall what were your experiences of doing things for the first time?”

Then, I started to think about it. The first time I jumped into the sea and tried to swim, I sank. I had to bear the choking taste of salt water running into all the openings of my body. My eyes smarted, my nose felt awful and I was unable to hear properly. The first time I tried to ride a bicycle, I crashed into tree. Skinned knees were the testimony to this fact. Now, I got what my mum tried to tell me. She indirectly tried to motivate me. When we had painful failures for any first attempt, it did not mean we will fail forever. Success came only with practice-lots of it. It did not come easy.

After learning photo editing, audio editing and video editing, I manage to apply all the skills that I had learned during the first three tasks. I did not face too much problems doing this task. For example, I managed to edit the songs by cutting them down into parts using MP3 cutter, converting a file into another format using Total Video Converter Software, Uploading files into internet storage, Downloading video from the internet source etc. When it came to a thing that required skill, only time and effort will ensure success.

I felt overwhelmed with joy and relief that e-book task was finally over. I finished. It was a testament of my determination and perseverance. As a conclusion, “Success Is Surviving Failure and Learning From It”.

0 comments: