CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, August 11, 2008

Audio Editing

Music is an amazing tool for teaching languages, especially to children. If the teachers enable to choose good song, it will bounce around in a learner's head long after their lesson is over. Experts agree that music can strengthen children's minds and serve as a fundamental skill of learning. I simply agree with this statement because when children are listening to music, they will pick up vocabulary, grammatical structures and the rhythm of the language. How? They will simply do what they already love to do…s.i.n.g..

Some say music "nourishes children's brains". It is because, music can stimulate brain connections and can actually make children smarter. However, teacher must make sure that the music and songs should be appropriate to the children. It is irrelevant to give children to listen to the ‘rock’ music which contains inappropriate lyrics. If the teachers find that the lyrics of the song is good but the music is not good enough, teacher can make some modifications towards the music of that song.

For this week, I had given an assignment about audio editing. At first, I felt that it is not necessary for me to make some editing on a particular song because it is good enough and that is why it is allowed to be heard to the listeners. However, considering to the children’s level, it is necessary to make some editing on the particular song.

I had edited some songs like ‘Uptown Girl’ by Westlife, ‘Everytime’ by Britney Spears and ‘I’m Lonely’ by Akon using Goldwave Software. Among these 3 songs, I managed to edit ‘I’m Lonely’ song well. I had changed the pitching, add up some echo, made the beat slower and faster at the certain part. Compared to photo editing assignment, audio editing was much more difficult for me. It was becuase, I could not identify which part of the song I should edit. I was not sure whether the song would be nicer or the other way round. :).

At last, after 2 days having try and error, I successfully edited the song by Akon, ‘I’m Lonely’. It was my first time doing audio editing and I hope that I could do better audio editing next time.

0 comments: