CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, July 17, 2008

A POOR teacher, A GOOD teacher, An EXCELLENT teacher, An OUTSTANDING teacher.

As saying goes, “Teachers are born and not made.” As I was born not to be a teacher, to be a ‘good’ teacher is not easy. In order to woo and win the pupils, it involves many words with ‘ing’ endings- innovating, motivating and facilitating. A poor teacher is always telling. A good teacher is always facilitating. An excellent teacher is always motivating. An outstanding teacher is always innovating. Therefore, these three words should be blended together as they are crucial factors in promoting effective learning in the classroom. I wish that I could be an outstanding teacher soon, InsyaAllah.. J
Therefore, to be an outstanding teacher, I should be equipped myself with fountain of technology skills and knowledge. It is because, in this globalization era, technology is needed in every field including educational field.
I felt very enjoy learning this subject. It teaches me that technology can be one of the medium for teaching resources. I can assess the internet and search for inexhaustible supply of free teaching materials and downladable lesson plans which really help me to prepare effective teaching and learning activity.
During the 3-hour-lesson with my lecturer, Mdm Foziah Mahmood, she had shared about web search, downloading, encoding and saving, and storing files;
a) Web search – www.yahoo.com, www.google.com, www.msn.com
b) Downloding files – keepvid, save2pc, video downloader, real player II, limewire, bittorrent, flashget, orbit downloader, ares, internet downloader manager.
c) Encoding files – flv converter, super converter, daemon tool
d) Saving files – hard disk, thumb drive, external hard disk
e) Storing – CD, DVD.

I realized that all these things are necessary components of the educational matrix nowadays. As I have no previous knowledge about the above things, I was wondering whether I could manage myself with all those things. What if I failed?...and I started shivering..huhuhu..ops..should I feel nervous? No..no..no..!!!! Be confident, dare to fail first and I will achieve success soon,InsyaAllah.

0 comments: